Monday, February 21, 2011

Nine in Time

A Poem by Tim Holloway

She lay in repose
on the frost nipped lawn,
Jagged, sharp teeth bared in the grimace
of her last thoughts.
Her silver hair reflects the iciness
of the scene.
Her fur coat stiff; breathlessness
claims what once ran wild.
Carefully, awkwardly, I collect her
and then place her to rest rigidly with my discards.
Many mice will dance tonite.

Contributor's Note: This is my sixth foray into online education at Cerro Coso - the first being a pair of computer classes - followed by Philosophy, Ethics, Music, Film Studies, Anthropology, Archeology, Theater, E-Commerce, and Creative Writing courses. It has been an experience that I highly recommend. I’m slowly whittling away at completing the required courses towards acquiring an AA degree - of one form or another - and having these classes available online is priceless.

No comments: